73.91% of houses in the Macleay have spare rooms and yet we are living in a dire housing crisis.
Could we share our spaces to create more accommodation options, particulary for key workers?
- How can we encourage people to share their spaces?
- How can we encourage skilled workers to live in the Macleay?
Community Conversation and short film screening 26 February 530pm-8pm
Join us for a light supper and conversation about housing in the Macleay.
With dire housing shortages finding accommodation can be difficult for anyone in the community.
We will screen ‘Our Spaces’ (RDAMNC, 2022) and follow on with a conversation about how we are currently using our domestic spaces and why we aren’t sharing. The workshop will be led by Ready Communities Co-founder, Kerry Grace.
(click on the image to the right to see a preview).
- Community Conversation: 26 February, 530pm-8pm Majestic Cinema, Kempsey register
- Activation 2: May Date TBC
- Activation 3: July Date TBC
- Social Impact in the Regions 4-6 September, Kempsey
It’s not just talk – this is about community led action.
At the first Community Conversation (26 February) we will design a range of activities and move into action.
Want to learn more? Join us on 26th or register for another Community Conversation in the week of 26 February here
What's Been Said
After the community conversation notes will be pubished here