Agriculture is an important industry in the Macleay. Join is to discuss what agriculture means to our local food systems, hospitality, health and job market. We will explore two key questions:
Community Conversation 29 February 4pm-6pm
Join us for a light supper and conversation about agricultural communities in the Macleay.
The event will feature two speakers and will be followed by a short workshop to gather your thoughts. The speakers are:
- Lorraine Gordon (picture to the right) farmer and founder and chair of the National Regenerative Agriculture Alliance (www.scu.edu.au/regenerativeag). Lorraine will speak about scaling farms – bigger isn’t always better. More
- Georgia Munro (picture above) from Mangiato, Kempsey who will speak about building local food networks for hospitality. more
- Community Conversation: 29 February, 4pm-6pm Kempsey Showground register
- Kempsey Agricultural Show: 7-8 April 2024
- Activation 2: May Date TBC
- Activation 3: July Date TBC
It’s not just talk – this is about community led action.
At the first Community Conversation (29 February) we will design a range of activities and move into action.
Want to learn more? Join us on 29th or register for another Community Conversation in the week of 26 February here
What's Been Said
After the community conversation notes will be pubished here